- Our CPAs, Your Trusted Advisors
- Together, they provide decades of IRS, auditing and public accounting experience, along with strong local roots. What began as a local Opelika accounting firm continues to grow in capabilities. Like the historic railway that connects our two home office communities, our reach continues even beyond Opelika and Auburn.
- Combining Strengths
- HHB provides small-firm service with a broad range of experience. We were founded by Jim Himmelwright and Hal Huguley in 1998. John Boles joined in 2001, and became a partner shortly after. With Jim’s decades of service to local small businesses in Opelika and Auburn, Hal’s extensive experience as an Internal Revenue Service agent, and John’s background with a national accounting firm, our clients have access to a wealth of expertise.
- East Alabama Accountants, National Resources
- World-class tax, accounting, and advisory services. Responsive, friendly, personal attention. Cost-effective, year-round support. From our offices in Auburn and Opelika, Himmelwright, Huguley & Boles, LLC provides it all to clients throughout Alabama and the U.S.
John Boles, CPA, Partner
John oversees the assurance practice for our Auburn and Opelika offices. John has over 20 years of experience. He provides auditing, tax, and consulting services to a variety of industries including governmental, non-profit, construction, technology, manufacturing, and health care. John is most passionate about providing strategic tax and financial planning to small businesses and families.
John is a graduate of Auburn University in accounting, and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants. He has served on numerous boards and committees, including the AICPA, ASCPA, EAMC Foundation, and the Auburn University School of Accountancy Advisory Board. John is also a local director of BBVA.
John loves to travel and spend time with his wife Janie and four children: John Jr., Bella, James and Jack.
Jim Himmelwright, CPA, Partner
Jim has been the managing member of the Opelika office since 1998, and specializes in medical practices, outsourced bookkeeping and payroll. A native of the area, he graduated from Auburn University and began his accounting career with Ernst & Young in Birmingham. After moving back to his hometown, Jim worked for four years with Lafoy and Associates before founding what would become HHB with partner Hal Huguley.
With an extensive understanding of area business and accounting management, Jim assists client management with business startups, growth and continuity planning. He helps clients realize their dreams, from the excitement of beginnings and through inevitable growing pains. He is a member of both the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants.
In his free time, Jim can most likely be found on the tennis court. He also serves on his church finance committee, and he and wife Amy have two children.
Hal Huguley, CPA, Partner
Hal cofounded the firm in 1998 along with Jim Himmelwright. He assists HHB clients through personal, one-on-one assistance, particularly in the area of tax matters and audits. Clients benefit from his vast experience examining business and individual returns as a revenue agent for the Internal Revenue Service.
Hal is dedicated to continually providing the same service he would expect to receive himself. He cares deeply about each client’s business and general needs, always letting them know they’ll be taken care of. As proof, he has saved them significant tax dollars over the years.
Hard work is hard-wired into Hal, who began helping his dad at the family’s full-service filling station in Opelika at the age of 12. An alumnus of Auburn University and dedicated Tiger football fan, he is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants. He is a past president of the East Alabama Chapter of CPAs. Hal and wife Lori have two lovely daughters, Hayden and Abbey.
Robert Foster, CPA, Partner
As senior manager, Robert provides decades of experience to our Opelika and Auburn clients. The go-to guy for answers, he plays a vital role in training and mentoring staff. Robert is married to his high-school sweetheart and has three sons and two grandsons. Robert graduated from Auburn University in accounting and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants.